Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Identity


(If you have a mobile phone with you, please look at the picture above through your phone camera, as the image then becomes much more clear). I also studied the theme of identity and was particularly interested in the idea of censorship and how this can take away someone's identity. Through this final piece, I wanted to show that although censorship and distortion can alter someone's appearance and in essence, an aspect of their identity, it does not remove the individual's own personality and identity. I tried to show this through the way in which it is difficult to determine what the image is of from close up, but from far away or through a mobile phone camera, the image of my face is clear - proving that my identity has not been completely removed.

No comments:

Post a Comment