Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Nuclear bomb


I began to consider the implications mankind itself has had on its evolution. Through the development of nuclear bombs in particular, mutations have began to emerge. My idea of the nuclear bomb originated from the theory of the big bang in explaining evolution, but from there took a turn in a more sinister direction. I chose to use newspaper as the background, as newspapers often scandalise situations, and I feel that this is an event that needs scandalising. I also chose to do a simple line drawing of a two headed duck next to the nuclear explosion. The way in which it is hard to see symbolises the way in which people tend not to notice the effects mankind itself is having on our own evolution, or the way in which they simply do not want to notice these effects. I also love the way the viewer often has to double take before noticing that the duck has two heads.

No comments:

Post a Comment