Wednesday, February 1, 2012

About Me

For me, art is not only about the expression of the artist's views and opinions, but also about evoking a response from the viewer. Throughout my artwork, I have tried to achieve a sense of awe and intrigue from the viewer, and would hope that my work leaves them thinking. I have found myself experimenting particularly with acrylic paints as I love the huge variety of techniques you can use with them as shown in some of my works. For me, the most powerful pieces are often in more subtle tones and so I have used often used greyscales or used one colour continuously throughout a piece. I find that simplicity is often the key to success and it is this sense of simplicity that I would like to apply not only to my work, but hopefully to interior spaces and designs.  I am interested in your interior design course as I would love to be able to produce works that are not only creative and have both meaning and function, but works that please a customer and evoke this sense of emotion that I hope to achieve in all my work.  If an artist simply did not care for the viewers’ opinions, the artists creations could not be enjoyed in the same way that other’s maybe are. I would really love the opportunity to be able to refine my artwork and learn the skills necessary to become an interior designer as I have felt passionately about this career for some time.

No comments:

Post a Comment